Identify more cows in heat, improve your artificial insemination (AI) results and increase your profits by using LIC heat detection products.
Optimal heat detection results are achieved by combining paddock observations with heat detection aids.
Good heat detection gives you:
- More accuracy in identifying true heats
- A better chance of cows getting in-calf
- A tighter calving pattern
- Cows that milk for longer periods
- Less missed or wrongly identified heats
- Minimised revenue loss through reduced milk production and wasted AI.
LIC heat detection products
LIC Scratch Patch
LIC Scratch Patch heat detectors are cost-effective and efficient aids. When mating activity occurs the silver layer rubs off to reveal a fluorescent colour.
- Self-adhesive so there’s no need for glueing or heating
- Five fluorescent, easy-to-spot colours – red, yellow, pink, green, blue
- Multiple colours allow for multiple rounds of heat detection
- Friction based technology helps indicate the approximate level of mating that has occurred.
LIC Heat Patch Plus
LIC Heat Patch Plus heat detection aids are our premium patches for easy and accurate identification. The new technology enables the dye to bleed right to the edges making them highly visible and indicating the length of time a cow has been on heat.
- Dye can spread right to the edges of the patch for greater visibility and accuracy
- Self-adhesive – no glue required
- Available in three colours – red, pink, blue
- Four-second time-release technology to help identify true standing heats.
Donaghys Tail Alert Paint
Donaghys tail paint is a simple and inexpensive way to identify your cows on heat. The fluorescent paint is highly visible, weather-resistant and non-irritating to cows.
- Available in six highly visible colours – blue, green, red, yellow, pink and orange
- Easy to apply with a built-in brush cap
- Oil-based formula can last up to 30 days in suitable conditions.
Effective heat detection leads to higher AI success, which gives you more cows in-calf, a tighter calving pattern and extra milk in the vat, improving productivity and profitability for your farm.
Contact your farm solutions manager or the LIC office to order your LIC heat detection aids.