We may collect web site visitors' contact information (like their e-mail addresses). Unless you object, this information may be used:
- to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- to monitor who is accessing the web site or using services offered on the web site.
- to profile the type of people accessing the web site; and
- to help us provide and/or improve our service and products.
Other than for the purposes specified above, personal information which we collect may be aggregated for analysis, or analysed on its own. We may provide your personal information to third parties for LIC's reasonable business purposes, web site requirements and as set out in the Cookies section below, but will never be sold to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but we may still use or disclose that information if:
- we subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- we are required by law to disclose the information.
Your e-mail message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
All personal information which we collect (including your contact details) is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
We consider it is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children's use of our web site.