In July, LIC UK, along with LIC New Zealand Markets GM and dairy farmer, Malcom Ellis, ran a series of farmer workshops, focussed on ‘Improving your herd to meet the challenges of a changing dairy industry’.
To secure a prosperous and sustainable future for our dairy farms, it is important we focus on the right things.
Key drivers of profitability include:
- managing the current cost of production and the cost of growth
- efficient utilisation of grown feed – eliminate substitution of pasture
- capitalising on cow quality – secure the opportunity in our herds
- identify what’s essential within the breeding plan – fertility, TOP, longevity and profitability
- attaining information to drive genetic gain in our herds