• Three out of four New Zealand dairy cows are sired by an LIC bull
• 10.7 million milk samples are analysed by LIC’s herd testing service each year (collected from 8,100 herds)
• Over 4 million straws of fresh semen are despatched for insemination to cows all over the country during spring mating period (135,000 straws on peak day)
• 827,000 animal samples (DNA and milk) are analysed each year for disease identification, gene testing and parentage verification
• LIC’s animal identification and information management system is used by the majority of NZ dairy farmers
• Our head office is in New Zealand and we have offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Brazil and the USA. We also export to over 20 countries across the globe
Find a variety of information and contact details specific to your area.